Wednesday, March 2, 2011

upcycle Cheesy accessories

Recently I found these Cheesy Bracelets at my local $ store
I thought What can I do to cover them?


 I found this Lovely Fabric on sale at Joann's the other day and thought "why not?"


First I hot glued a long strip of the fabric to the
back of the bracelet  

 I used Modge Podge to glue the fabric, I just wrapped it then glued a little
more, then wrapped more. It's okay if you get some glue on the fabric because it will dry clear

This is what it looks like before I seal it, The print doesn't match up 
But that's okay with this pattern. Make sure to hot glue the end piece or you'll be sitting there holding it for an hour.

 Here it is with a top coat of Modge Podge to seal it and keep the fabric from fraying.

 All done drying and ready to go on my wrist! 
I love this one! It came out perfect and cost me like $1.50 to make!



I made one for Drea too!
Friendship Bracelets Hahaha!
That's so fifth grade...

Here's where I'm linked up at

Tip Junkie handmade projects



NightOwlCrafting




Photobucket

8 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

SO SO pretty!!!

andreaceballos said...

Adorable!! I love wearing it! haha BFFFFs!

About Southern Belle said...

Thanks for stopping by Beautiful Nest and I am glad I found you blog! Those bracelets are cute...good idea!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

This is a really really good idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Cute! Love your fabric choice for that.

Terri said...

Great idea. Thank you for sharing!

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

YUM! Great use for a dollar shop bracelet!

B E C K Y said...

Ah-Dorable!

Becky@ http://rawpotatoes.blogspot.com/