Monday, August 23, 2010

We have a guest!

I'm so excited to introduce Our " Thanks for the love week" to thank all of our Facebook Fan's. 102 And counting!

I'm also pleased to introduce a blog pal of mine. Kristen from 3 little Birds Boutique has created an inspirational line of hand crafted jewelery. She is also a wife, mommy and well she'll tell you
here she is...





Hi! I’m Kristen, designer and owner of 3 Little Birds Boutique. I am also lovingly referred to as mom and wife by my sweet baby girl Kailey and wonderful hubby Derek. In the wee hours of the night, when most are sleeping, I create custom hand stamped jewelry, keepsakes and hand crafted paper products. I have such a passion for everything creative and feel so blessed to be involved in helping people create custom pieces they will cherish and pass down for generations.

I am so excited to be Strawberry Sky’s guest blogger to celebrate 100 fans – Yippee! In honor of you, her adoring fans, I will be giving away a FREE pair of sterling silver creamy freshwater pearl earrings. I hope to get to know all of you and would love for you to follow my blog www.blog3littlebirdsboutique.com where I offer loads of creative ideas, freebies and giveaways. Earlier this month I offered a tutorial on an adorable personalized journal and Sarah and I thought it would be fun to share it with you here. Enjoy!

Make Your Own Journal


I just love decorating these little composition books, I never run out of reasons to make them. They make a perfect gift or thank you, would be perfect to make kids schoolwork a bit more fun and they make a wonderful journal. For the above journal, follow these simple steps:

1. Gather your supplies from your local craft store (composition journal, 4 pieces of scrapbook paper - 2 are for the front and 2 are for the inside cover so pick them accordingly, glue - Zip Dry brand glue is a must for this project to keep bubbles from forming, scissors, and any decorations you might want - this project uses 1 K initial in glitter chipboard)
2. Apply your Zip Dry glue to the face of your composition journal (do not put glue on the spine of your journal). Make sure that the glue gets to the very edges of the journal.
3. Next take your scrapbook paper and place it onto the glue on your composition journal lining it up along the spine of the journal. At this point your paper will greatly stick over the edge of your journal.
4. Now, turn your journal over, open the front page and trim off the extra paper by cutting right up against the edge of your journal.
5. For the backside and 2 inside covers of your journal repeat steps 2-4.
6. Add your initial or other decoration of choice.

Below are 2 examples of composition journals I made for my blog writing and my Hubby. For these examples, cut a strip wide enough to cover the entire spine of the book and glue it down after the front and back covers are glued down but before the decorations are added. Next, let your imagination go wild and decorate. Have a blast! 





Hope you enjoyed this great tutorial!
We will be featuring Kristen's great giveaway Tuesday August 24th so stay tuned!
Sarah
xoxo

No comments: