Wednesday, August 25, 2010

road side score!

My friends Aunt was moving the other week, she was getting rid of a number of random items but something did get my attention...
 Frames! 

I can't get enough frames! Old, new, ugly, elegant. It doesn't matter because I'm going to transform them any ways. I picked up four frames and couldn't wait to get started!

Here's what I made and how to make it, enjoy!

Here's the frame, I didn't paint it because it looks good all on it's own.


I decided to make a grace frame like the faith frame I made with the $1 store find. 
I used cut out letters from my friends circut again, but you can use pre-cut die cut letters like these
This is the paper i used.


I measured the matting...
Then cut the printed paper to be my center mat...

you can use double sided tape..
.
Then I pulled out the chalks for some shading...

As I was shading I realized there needed to be more texture. So I used decorative scissors and shaded some more.

 Next I mod podged the letters on to the mat...


Then just put it all together.

It came out so pretty, Hope this inspired you!

Sarah
xoxo




3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love finding frames, too! Garage sales, Goodwill, dollar store, etc. Like you said, they can be hideous-- you just need a little spray paint and creativity to have them looking good in no time. I think your "grace" frame turned out lovely! (Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!)

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

Wow! This was cute but when you did the shading it REALLY turned cute! I need to practice shading so it doesn't look like I just made a mess. You did a really good job and it turned out perfect!

About Southern Belle said...

Amazing! I am a mod podge fan so I love this idea. Thanks for sharing.

belle
http://beautifulnest.blogspot.com